Quitting smoking is one of the hardest things to do; however, it is one of the most beneficial steps you can take to better your health. The "Just Stop!" smoking cessation program is another integrated approach exclusive to our office. The "Just Stop!" program utilizes Low Level Light Therapy and Herbal Supplementation to help reduce stress, cravings and irritability. Our program goes a step further by also helping to remove harmful toxins known to build in the blood, tissue and cells through habitual use of tobacco products. This can help you stop smoking not only short term but also avoid longer term side effects related to smoking.
We start by stimulating specific acupuncture points on the body that are associated with cravings. The use of light triggers an endorphine and serotonin release that effectively and naturally calms the body, reducing stress and the irritability many patients experience during the first 72 hours of being smoke-free. The herbal supplement and homeopathy continue to help diminish and manage stress and cravings while also pushing the toxins that trigger the cravings out of body.
If you are a smoker, then surely you are already aware of the danger that you are putting yourself in every time you have a cigarette. Heart disease and cancer are the most hazardous effects of smoking, but there are a slew of other conditions that effect smokers on a daily basis. We won't rehash these detrimental effects here, but we will explain how quitting smoking adds years to your life:
- Within 20 minutes after you smoke that last cigarette, your body begins a series of changes that continue for years
- 12 hours after quitting, carbon monoxide levels in your blood drops to normal
- After 24 hours, your lungs begin to clear out accumulated mucous and tar. Your pulse rate and blood pressure begin to lower
- After 48 hours, your sense of smell and taste begin to improve as nicotine is eliminated from your body
- After 72 hours, your bronchial tubes begin to relax, making breathing easier and Lung capacity increases
- After 2 to 12 weeks, circulation improves, making walking and physical activity easier
- After 2 weeks to 3 months, your heart attack risk begins to drop and your lung function begins to improve
- One to 9 months after quitting, coughing and sinus congestion decreases. Lung function improves, shortness of breath decreases, energy level increases
- 1 year after quitting, your added risk of coronary heart disease is half that of a smokers
- 10 years after quitting, your lung cancer death rate is about half that of a smokers. Your risks of cancer of the mouth, throat, esophagus, bladder, kidney and pancreas decreases
- 15 years after quitting, your risk of coronary heart disease and lung cancer is back to that of someone who has never smoked
We understand that quitting smoking can be more difficult and more intense in cravings than those of a habitual heroin user. We are proud to offer the "Just Stop!" program and believe it is one of the best, most successful and easiest ways to "Just Stop!"
How It Works...
Many people ask how the laser smoking cessation program works. Let me take a minute to explain. We began using the laser over a year ago after seeing how effective it was with helping people who suffer with symptoms of food, environmental sensitivities; digestive issues; skin problems (eczema, psoriasis, shingles, etc.); stress & anxiety; acute trauma; emotions and much, much more....
Using the laser for the smoking cessation program seemed a natural direction in which to go. It has been very effective and has a better outcome than medications and the patch. It is quick, easy, and has no side effects. The first person who went through this program had been a smoker for 25 years and she has been smoke free for over a year. Let me explain the procedure.
The first visit involves shining the light from the laser on certain acupuncture points and includes a program called system balance to make sure the energy in your body is moving in the proper direction without blockages. During the first treatment, you will hold an unlit cigarette in your mouth while the laser is shined over the acupuncture points and meridians on the back, arms, hands, legs, ears, and feet. It does not hurt and there are no needles involved. It is done with a computerized hand held laser. There is a Chinese herb and a homeopathic spray that is taken as well. We show everyone how to use these supplements on the first visit. It is easy and very safe. During the first visit the laser turns off the nicotine receptors in your body. It is kind of like flipping off a switch. This eliminates the craving for nicotine, both physically & psychologically.
On the second visit, the laser is used to help re-balance neurotransmitters that will help prevent you from wanting to smoke. This program is also effective for chewing tobacco as well as cigar and pipe tobacco.
On the third and last visit, the laser neutralizes the toxic substances contained in the cigarettes which damage your body and keep you addicted. Each procedure is painless and very effective.
The total cost of the program, including supplements, is $300. If you are a one pack per day smoker, this program will pay for itself in six weeks. I hope this gives you some useful information about the Stop Smoking program using the laser.